Movies and Music and Games, Oh My!
A Day of Play Therapy Interventions
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
6 NBCC and APT CE direct contact credit hours
Ever notice the power of music, movie themes and game play and
wondered how to incorporate them into your play therapy approach?
This experiential session will get you thinking creatively regarding
integrating movies, a variety of games, and music into your play therapy sessions.
Participants will gain an understanding of how to incorporate techniques
in a variety of settings such as schools, clinical, and counselors on the move.
Learning Objectives and Schedule:
1. Summarize the fundamentals of game play, cinema therapy and music therapy as it applies to play therapy
2. Identify how to incorporate metaphors and symbols found in movies and music in the play therapy process
3. Describe how to process movies, game play, and music in a play therapy session
4. Describe how play therapy interventions combined with movies, games and music is an effective treatment approach
5. Communicate how to use a variety of games in play therapy process including therapeutic board games, card games
and traditional games
6. Apply play therapy interventions to foster emotional and social competence skills and overcome resistance
8:30- 9:00 Check-in
12:00- 1:00 Lunch on own
1:00- 2:30 Instruction
2:30- 2:45 Break
2:45- 4:00 Instruction
4:00- 4:30 Questions & Answers and Evaluations
Registration Fee: $140
Includes 6 CE hours approved by NBCC and APT
** Minimum of 5 attendees in order to hold training
Lisa Remey has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6749. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Lisa Remey is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Lisa Remey is an Association for Play Therapy, APT Approved Provider 15-420.
Lisa Remey MEd, LPC-S, RPT-S, NCC