Play Therapy in a Box: How Less is More
August 27, 2020 · 6-8 pm Central Standard Time
2 NBCC Contact CE Hours
2 APT Contact CE Hours
Thinking a play therapy session requires a full playroom of materials to meet client needs and treatment goals? Think again! These current times bring challenges to delivery of play therapy services both effectively and safely. However, a lack of quantity of play therapy choices does not need to affect the quality of the provision of play therapy itself. Instead, this can encourage both play therapists (and more importantly our clients) to think and play creatively “outside of the box” while remaining grounded “inside the box” of play therapy relationship, theory, and skills.
In this webinar we will explore a return to some basics of play therapy that will meet the challenges of current needs of both novice and seasoned play therapists and the unique circumstances we are currently in. Ways to adapt to these unusual times within your theoretical foundation will be included.
Participants will be able to leave this webinar encouraged that effective play therapy can not only be done with less, but in some ways may be more therapeutically powerful.
- Cite importance of integrating play therapy theory with play therapy skills and intervention.
- Identify how five play therapy materials can be utilized as the only resources for play therapy.
- Explore the inclusion of a personal play therapy kit as an option for play therapy with limited supplies.
- Employ at least three play therapy interventions that can be utilized with reduced choices of play room materials yet enhance client creativity.
- Video participation with camera on for duration of webinar
- Completion of post-test and evaluation prior to receiving CE certificate
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- This webinar will only consider refunds for unexpected circumstances, and a refund of 50% or a credit to attend an up-coming workshop can be issued
- 10:00 - 10:30 Play Therapy Theory and Foundational Skills
- 10:30 - 11:15 Play Therapy Materials and Supplies
- 11:15 - 12:00 Play Therapy Interventions, Q & A
- Lisa Remey MEd, LPC-S, RPT-S, IPT-CST
- Jamie Lynn Langley LCSW, RPT-S
- Play Therapists, Counselors, Social Workers, School Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 2 CONTACT CE Hours. As such, this webinar is limited to 40 participants and interactive participation will be encouraged.